Latest Instagrams
Monday, July 6, 2009

Appointment Update!

I'm a little late with this but I had a busy weekend and I wanted to have time to write everything.

So Thursday was my appointment with the RE and it went great!

My new doctor is amazing. She said that although doctor's will always say losing weight helps that is not an issue and we need to move past that to find a solution :) I was very happy to hear that.

I basically have a long list of testing coming up that they do with all their new TTC patients.
After all the testing she said I would come back in, we'd have a follow up discuss options and get right to it if I want her to.
She said she would not push us to do anything we didn't want to but would not deny me anything if I wanted to move forward right away.

So here's how it's going to work. On my first day of next AF I need to call in. Luckily AF decided to behave this month and she arrived this morning :) 32 days this time! Woot!

Tomorrow (CD 2) I'll be going in to the lab for a glucose tolerance test, insulin resistance and a bunch of other things that they want to know about my blood. They are also testing my E2, FSH and LH.
Alexis is also having an STD test done.

On Wednesday, CD 3 I need to go in to the office to have an ultrasound done. I'm not exactly sure what the ultrasound is for since I missed that part. Lots of information given that day and unfortunately the new patient package they gave doesn't list the reason.
Alexis will also have his SA done that day. Since he's never had one done the Dr. just wants to get it out of the way while we're doing everything else.

After AF is gone and before OV, I need to go in for an HSG. This part I'm not looking forward to AT ALL since from what I'm told it's on the painful side.

Here is some information on the HSG since most don't know what it is:

A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. It often is done for women who are having a hard time becoming pregnant (infertile).
During a hysterosalpingogram, a dye (
contrast material) is put through a thin tube that is put through the vagina and into the uterus. Because the uterus and the fallopian tubes are hooked together, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray (fluoroscopy) as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and joining (fertilizing) an egg. A hysterosalpingogram also may find problems on the inside of the uterus that prevent a fertilized egg from attaching (implanting) to the uterine wall.

After the HSG, I start OV testing at home with the OPK.

Once I get a positive surge, I need to back to the lab 7-10 later to do the P4 Testing.

and that's it!

After all the tests are done we'll be scheduling a follow-up appointment to go over all the options.

We're both very happy, hopeful, excited etc.

I'm sure some of you can understand what a relief it was that the RE was so wonderful. Actually, the whole staff there is. It's a very exciting thought to think that by the end of the year we could be expecting parents.

OH! and the best part is...our insurance covers ALL OF IT :) It will even cover up to 6 IUI's.
Our only OOP is the $15 co-pay to the RE's office.

Well off to make my appointment!

3 comments:

Kristen Fiore said...

Such wonderful news!! Hope all of the testing goes "swimmingly" ;-) And so delighted your insurance covers everything!! WOO HOO!!

And thanks for the acronym dictionary! I definitely used it repeatedly. :)

We love you guys!!

DaniSofia said...

I'm sooooooo excited for you!! I'm going to keep you in my prayers every day!!!

Mirian said...

Oh my! There's a lot to learn and a lot to do but you and Alexis are an incredible team. You will be in my prayers. XO

Latest pins