Latest Instagrams
Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Egg Retrieval

Monday July 6, 2015
Reported to the RE's office OR @ 8:00 a.m. to check in.
Once they went over all the details and instructions for the next few days, they sent DH on his way to their 3rd floor which is where the "man rooms" are. 
They took me to the waiting/recovery rooms and put me in bed #2.
They took my vitals. BP and temp were good. Pulse was 100+. Nervous, much? YES.
They had me change in to a gown (thankfully they had the ones NOT for skinny people)
and then they did THIS to me...
Just as they finished that, DH came back with his tiny brown paper bag of man stuff.
The anesthesiologist came to meet me and ask a bunch of questions. He asked if I wanted an "appetizer" to calm my nerves while I waited. I said YES. DH did as well but his request was denied.
Nurse told me to go to the bathroom, when I came out my bed was gone. 
Another nurse told me to head to the back, apparently we were starting early. 
They took me in to what I had once heard being called the most intimidating room ever. Truth.
Laid me down. Put my legs up in these leg holder things and covered every inch of my bottom half with sterile blue OR paper stuff with the exception of my lady bits.
Met the Dr. who I had only previously met while also in this compromising position while he was doing my SIS. I mentioned this. We laughed. Good times. 
I remember the anesthesiologist giving me the part of my meds he called "the stuff that's gonna make you not care about anything" and I immediately got sleepy and a little loopy.
I remember the embryo lab guy coming in and asking me if I was me.
I remember them calling out the details of the procedure...name, date, time and what they were doing
I remember looking over to the anesthesiologist, wondering if the anesthesia that was going to put me to sleep looked like the while milky stuff I've always seen on tv. I was pleasantly surprise to see that it did.
Last thing I remember was his asking me if it burned, I said No and that was it.....

Next thing I knew it was about 30 minutes later and I was back in my little "room" someone had taken my hair net off and fixed my hair and  DH had a big smile and was waiting for me. 
The doctor has already come in and told him they retrieved 11 eggs.
I was a little disappointed but it was about what I expected base on my E2.

Anesthesiologist came back and asked how my pain was, I said about a 4. He gave me a tiny dose of meds and that helped.

We stayed there for about 30-45 minutes and we were sent on our way.
I spent the rest of the day in bed crampy and in a little pain but overall okay.


No comments:

Latest pins