Latest Instagrams
Thursday, June 25, 2015

On the second day of stims, my true love gave to me

a Menopur shot in my tushie!

Well today is Day 2 on stims.

Apparently, I was a little confused with the process when I had my consult because some things changed yesterday.

I went in as planned for my baseline at 7:45a.m. yesterday. It was one of those AWESOME days where I was the first one there so I went right in for bloodwork from there went directly to u/s. FTW!
After that we had to wait about 10 minutes for the nurse to review the u/s and meet with us. She told me that I would be starting stims that night (vs. Sunday like I originally thought). Also, the shots would be all at one in the evening vs. one in the A.M. and one in the P.M. Lastly, the Menopur would be done as an intramuscular shot vs. a sub-q. It was a lot to take in but after many questions. I finally got it all figured out. I still had to wait to hear that my E2 was low enough to start and finally found out around 4:00 p.m. that it was. It was 11.
So fast forward to the evening.....I mixed the Menopur which I was most nervous about and got it all ready for DH. The Follistim was easy since I've taken it so many times before. Overall, they weren't too bad. My butt was a tiny bit sore after that shot but it was better after a few minutes.
I have had a nasty headache since last night so that sucks but it could be a lot worse.
Tonight was Day 2 and it was a little easier. I'm ure by Day 4 I'll be a pro.
Speaking of Day 4, that's when I go in for my Follie check and bloodwork. Saturday morning. 
I'm hoping I've made some progress and that I'm actually responding to the meds. 

The nerves are starting to set in. I'm trying my hardest not to over think but there's always that small part of me that can't help but get excited at the idea of this FINALLY working. The part of me that hopes that all those people that keep saying they think this is what will finally do the trick are right. 

I'll be back on Sunday with an update!

No comments:

Latest pins