Latest Instagrams
Monday, January 25, 2010

Making a return!

Well this past weekend I was reminded yet again that I should probably update my blog so I've finally decided to get off my lazy ass and get to it.

I will warn you that since it has been 3 months a lot has happened and it will be a loooonnnggg post. So, grab a snack and sit back.

As most of you know I'm pregnant! 15 weeks today to be exact! When I left you all back in October I had done my B2B IUI's and I was in to my 2ww. Let me tell you how it all went down!

Monday, November 2 , I went in for my P4 blood work I got the results back on Wednesday November 4. They were really low @ 6.5. They should have been at 15+ on a medicated cycle or at least above 10 which is what you need in order to sustain a healthy pregnancy. I was crushed. I thought it was over and the cycle had failed. I had been very negative about the whole thing and really tried not to think too much about it. Anyway....The nurse that called to give me my results called back after speaking with my RE and they decided to put me on P4 supplements. I was to pick them up the next day. Thursday, which was 11dpt. I had already put it in my calender that I would test at 11dpt because I had heard the trigger only stays in your system for 10 days. So that morning I woke up and POAS.The result....

I honestly thought I was hallucinating.

Once I got home from picking up my P4 supplements at the RE's office, I told DH. He then proceeded to sing "We Are the Champions" in honor of his "boys" and hugged and kissed me. He was very excited. Since the RE's nurse was not there when I picked up the supps. I called and left a message regarding the HPT. The nurse called back and told me it was most likely a false positive. Totally bummed. I then spent several hours googling how long the trigger stays in your system.

Google is the enemy.

But, in an effort to be proactive, the next day I went and bought two digitals before a wedding rehearsal and promptly stopped at my nearest Staples and took the first one. The result....

That was followed by another digi the next day and 2 more Dollar Store tests in the days following. All with the same result.

On Monday, November 9 (4 weeks pregnant) we went in for our beta @ the lab near our house. The results were not ready that day so we had to wait till Tuesday. Tuesday, November 10 we waited all day for the nurse to call....
at 3:00pm she finally did and what better day than our anniversary to find out that my beta came in at 102! and My P4 went up to 23.9!
We were cautiously thrilled beyond belief! After 18 long months....finally?! Really?!
We had another Beta schedule for that Friday and it was 714! we had beta #1 at 14dpiui result was 102 and #2 was scheduled for 18dpiui. The nurse had told me it should be around 600 when I asked on Monday but I was prepared for it to be around 400. I was ecstatic to hear the news! I told DH and he gave me the biggest hug and kiss and actually cried.

He told me to not tell people he cried because then he would lose his "street cred". Nerd.

Anyway, I made an appointment for a "baby scan" for the following week. Basically the baby scan was to confirm pregnancy with u/s and make sure it was developing in the right place

The scan went great! On Thursday November 9, we got to see the sac and the yolk sac. RE said I was measuring 5 weeks and 3 days. Right on target.

She did the u/s we went over my PNV's and continuing progesterone and told me to go back in 2 weeks. Before she left she gave me the biggest hug. A REAL hug, like the kind your mom would give. LOVE HER!
I loved my RE, Dr. Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida. She is truly amazing.
Between u/s we told our immeditate family on Thanksgiving. Everyone was BEYOND thrilled and they still are :)
December 3rd, we went back for our follow-up/graduation u/s/ They would be looking for a baby and a heartbeat. I was 7 weeks and 3 days @ that point so everything should have been there. Result!....

It was really amazing to se him/her hanging around in there. We were over the moon. I was sad to hear at that appt. that I would no longer need to see my RE. Since baby was measuring right on target and had a nice strong HB we had no need to go back insert depressed face here> there were lots of hugs and such. It's a scary feeling to "graduate" from your RE.

I spent the rest of that day trying to find an OB and was lucky enough to find Dr. K on a recommendation from a Bumpie.

My next appointment was not until December 30th. 11 weeks and 2 days. Those 4 weeks were killer. It's such a delicate time in your pregnancy and so much can happen that it sends you in to a spiral of thoughts and emotions and will literally drive you crazy. I prayed a lot. A LOT! But thank god everything was great!

The appointment was for our NT Scan/First Trimester Sequential screening. I was honestly better than we could have ever imagined. Granted, the tech did not get the measurements she needed but we didn't really care because we got to see our baby and watching him/her moving around in there was absolutely amazing. We also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time which was the greatest sound ever. Baby Rojas was measuring about 3-5 days ahead of schedule. DH said it was all the ham and lechon I had over the holidays that gave the baby a boost. Lol.

He was very proud to say the least. We both shed a tear, it was a very exciting and emotional experience. The best part is we got to do it all over again the following Wednesday .

January 6th was NT Scan #2. They were finally able to get the measurements they needed and everything was perfect. We got to see baby again and it was incredible to see how much had changed in a week! He/she had grown a centimeter and looked totally different....

The next day we had our 12 week appt. with the OB and he told us everything looked wonderful.

That pretty much brings us to today!!

We have our 16 week appt. with the OB next Thursday and then we won't see him again till 20 weeks. In between we have our anatomy scan on the 17th so we can find out where Baby Rojas is a boy or girl!

The pregnancy itself has gone well. I really can't complain. I never threw up, never really has m/s but I did have my little waves of nausea. Mostly when I needed to eat. I have been tired every day since the BFP. Aside from little things hear and there it's been not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The hardest adjustment has been dealing with being tired. I'm not used to never wanting to do anything. My appetite is finally starting to pick up again.

The best part is really that I'm finally in a place where I'm starting to get excited about everything. It's taken a while and I still have days where I'm terrified something will happen but I'm taking it day by day and just focusing on all the positive. I can't believe how fast time is going by!

It's also pretty amazing seeing my husband slowly start the transformation in to being "Daddy". I never understood until now why women say being pregnant and having a baby makes them fall in love with their husbands all over again. I get it now. :)

Now that I've done the big update I'll definitely try to keep it current!

I know I've said this before but thanks so much to all of you who have been there. Even if it wasn't in person the support I've gotten from all you ladies really helped get me through everything. I am eternally grateful to you all!


Claribel said...

What an amazing roller coaster ride:) I'm so happy for you!

Kristen said...

I said it earlier but I just wanted to reiterate how happy I am for you guys. I caught up with all of your entries this evening and I'm just amazed at everything you guys went through to get to this point & just so happy that its all worked.

Thank you for adding me to your journal :) <3 I heart you!
May God bless you and your budding family :)

Eli said...

I love you, my friend! You, more than anyone, deserve all of this happiness!

Latest pins